#NYFW Fall 2012 #2

Calvin Klein Collection


This colour is amazing its not coral and its not orange, it's like a kinda Calvin Klein orange. The silver belts throughout really compliment the orange colour in a sort of underwater, corally, mermaid vibe.

I'm a sucker for a waist belt, it would be so good to see these clothes in person to understand what fabrics and embellishments are used but I like the way the light shines on the mesh like material.

Rodarte


I wish I was friends with the girls at Rodarte but I'm not so for now I'm just going to tell you all how much really love this cotton like collar.

In the second look, I'm obsessing over layering with Prints, statement Jackets and waist belts, in this case, all at once!


Theres just too much detail and fab material in this collection I almost can't contain myself. Is it leather? Is it laser cut-out? I like the top half t-shirt fit and the mid length, I would wear this everyday. It's stylish, its interesting, creative and statement without being uncomfortable looking. All I have to say for this second look is: witchy :-) note to self: buy collars.


This dress reminds me of the clothes out of Waterworld, in the best possible way. The clothes in the film are covered in rust because the world is now covered in water, and because this dress is so lovely, its as if there was a mass squabble (because of the hand print print) over it, just like what I witness when I work the Christmas sales at Next retail.

Helmut Lang


Leather jackets have been done but this one looks like it has the components of the perfect biker or I'm just really obsessed with cute waist belts, not in the Gok Wan 'lets add a belt' kind of way. I just think belt or no belt, the waist is too beautiful and so important not to acknowledge in design. This suit is definitely channelling the Waterworld effect!


The Witchy effect! Yay for oversized scarfs-attached-to-coats!

Prabal Gurung


Pearlecent! Skirt and jumper combo, my go to in the mornings not going to lie, if only it was Prabal.


Digital print?
This dress got lots of tumblr love, the skirt is so swishy, it reminds me of a swan.


I'm melting at this trio of materials AND a belt!



I love you Prabal.

Prabal Gurung last two collections have made him one of my favourite designers. Hes found my weakness for metallics and magical textures.

All images from style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment