Manchester School of Art Degree Show 2012


As I wanted to originally study an art foundation at the Manchester School of Art before the stupid university fees went up, I was offered a place too, I always make the effort to come and see the schools degree shows at least once. It's just such a relaxing way to spend the day and it's the most inspiring thing I look forward to every year.


This year I went with my friend Sammy who actually completed the art foundation at the school this year. We both studied Graphics at Sixth Form so it was really lovely to see her and her work. These ink drawings were from a live art/installation piece from one of the foundation students. It was so much fun! I haven't had the chance to hold a paint brush in more and a year so I really enjoyed it. It inspired me to paint when I got home.



They were playing the Graduate Fashion Week 2012 show also, I even spotted myself second row on the video! A great experience!



I had the opportunity of seeing this piece on the runway. It's strange how different clothes look in movement. I love the transparency of it.




Graphics/print geek-out moment.



I remember seeing this on the runway at the GFW show also, I was obsessed with it. It is amazing! It looks so great on, the layers are just impeccable.



I may be a huge lover of print, paint, graphics and fine liners, but theres nothing more I enjoy more at the degree shows then the ceramics area. I just go wild.


They're just amazing. When I get my own house I know I will support up-coming ceramic artists. I'm just obsessed! 





Some pieces throughout the show that caught my eye.


Formaldehyde things I really like, except when it's birds, like Damien Hirst. It's like birds getting caught in oil. It makes me feel un-easy and suffocated.


Anything botanical, ceramic, glasses, jars, I really like.


Sammy's final piece! She is a dancer so her piece reflected all the different dance eras throughout history. A lot of precision, skill and patience has gone into this.


Some great menswear pieces by Sophie Roberts, I'd really like to see more of  her work in the future at somewhere like GFW!


As you see, it's not just fine art at the Manchester School of Art, it's an array of talent which I'm very supportive of. Studying art throughout all my education, it's very close to my heart and I love it!

If any of the artists would like to be credited feel free to contact me and I'll sort it!

Follow me on instagram @cocodust

No comments:

Post a Comment