LCF MA '11 Fashion show


London College of Fashion: MA 2011 logo
I'm excited to watch the live feed of the MA's runway show tonight @ 8pm, 6 hours to go!

It's streaming on their webby here

The designer I recognise is Yao Xiao, I had previewed some of her collection on the LCF website in passing before hand. I've been having a gander at what the designers will be showcasing so I was excited when I clicked upon Yao!

It's the photography I adored firstly, the shoot is so great. It's very slick and professional. It totally stands out from ordinary look books! The collection is inspired by "Otaku" which means group of nerds. There is knitwear and overall is a very wearable collection. I'm drawn to casual clothing thats made well, Yao gets it. Theres a pallet of pinks, camels, whites and blacks. Perfect minimalism, perfect clothing you can throw on as you're late for college and still look like you've planned it the night before.

Theres a huge push on casual clothing thats as minimal as possible. Yao really adapts to this but explores it with texture and splashes of colour so it's not to be categorised as another minimal collection of whites and greys. There are  harems, in a jet black. I thought I'd see the back of harems but they're made for 'sloppy' days. It's the cooler take on joggers but manage to look sophisticated!

I'm yet to find a blog or a twitter, so I will keep you posted!

All the images are from the links posted, I can't wait to see the show, wish I was there in person! I'm rooting for them all but Yao, you've gotta fan right here.

 Duel event logo

Remember to watch the show tonight, 8pm, 2 February 2011 - http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/ma/live/

1 comment:

  1. Great post ~ I luv to hear about designers & their creative styles! Beautiful blog :D

    ReplyDelete