Neneh Cherry and Henry Holland



As you awoke yesterday, to a very rainy day in June no doubt your Sunday morning was soon brightened by the splash of House of Holland adorning the cover of the Sunday Times Style magazine. Followed by a very trippy video filmed by Mariano Vivanco opening the House of Holland website (also on Vogue) where Eliza Cummings both showcases, whilst perfectly syncs to Neneh Cherry, for the HOH PRE SS12 collection.



There are neon stripes, neon bikinis and indeed, neon chav hats. One boner t shirt, a skeleton bone signature tight and one perfect Halloween skeleton onesie. A onesie I would quite rightly be proud to wear on a night out in Manchester.


I'm so hoping the green is glow in the dark! And look - collars! We're not escaping the girl/boy androgyny button up anytime soon. A look both preppy and cool no matter how much you don't want to look like a hipster.


 I absolutely adore this tasseled, striped poncho/jumper. I want it already for Glastonbury. I'm loving the texture on those heels, I've found a new admiration for stripes - and rainbows, for that matter.


Neon stripes paired with black illustrated pieces, red or black lipstick and a bob - so tempting I want to put a bowl over my head right now - minimal effort though the stripes suit it up in a grown up stylish way. However the fun bone motifs and illustrated flowers keep it grounded. It's very modern, not a hint of granny, even with such varied lengths. We finally have the choice. The clothes are fuss free and have a stunning, exciting acid appeal to them different on every girl.

The dress on the cover of Style has got to be one of the most perfect festival dresses in the world. Its colourful, bouncy, fitting and theres just enough material there to keep you warm when the sunsets. Always been a fan of Henry me. Even if I do put holes in my Pretty Polly tights purposely for dramatic effect.

Have a listen Buffalo Stance by Neneh herself. Notice the psychedelic influences of the video?



images sourced from Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment