stuff #1


This is my favourite piece in the Myths Rankin and Damien Hirst exhibition at Rankin Annroy. Its weird to think Rankin is only down the road from me in Kentish Town, I kept peeping round the door everytime there was a flash. In primary school I had to sing in an assembly, dressed as Medusa. The headpeice was paper snakes, good times.


 The Boy George hologram is by Edwina Orr and David Trayner. It was so amazing to look at, so life like. It was my favourite piece in the whole Postmodernism exhibition at the V&A. I really like his expression, whatever it may be. I also like the tvs with Neneh Cherry and Visage (I think it was Fade To Grey) kicking myself now for not braving the mud and going to see Neneh at Glastonbury 2011! Check out my blogpost on Neneh Cherry and House of Holland here.


 I've been catching up on Noel Fieldings Luxury Comedy via Youtube, usually late at night, I find it entices vivid dreams. I've noticed on Facebook/twitter, some people are utterly confused by it and find it non-funny despite it being 'Comedy'. I think this is a case of tunnel vision. The program combines music, artist references, live art, performance art, and lots of other things that sound pretentious but are actually really good. I look forward to each episode, each of which are getting better and better. I'm not sure who my favourite characters are but I tweet about it all the time! All thats missing is Jazz but that was Julian Barratt, who I sat opposite on the tube, what a man.


Speaking of tube spotting, I 'had' to sit next to this beaut, Jamie Campbell Bower, on my way to university. Not a bad way to start a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment